Eat, Shop, & Art your way through dNB, all decked out for the holidays! Saturday, December 2nd, 12pm-5pm...
Annual dNB Fall Fest Returns to Celebrate Community and Local Small Businesses
dNB FallFest Postponed to Saturday, October 28, 12-5
Downtown New Bedford Inc., a local volunteer-run non-profit 501c3 organization, is thrilled to announce the return of their beloved annual Fall Fest on Saturday, October 21st, from 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM. This year’s Fall Fest promises to be a celebration of community spirit, Fall fun, and support for local small businesses.
dNB Inc., managed and operated by dedicated local small business owners and community members, has been an integral part of our city’s cultural fabric for years. This year, they’ve taken on the ambitious task of expanding the formerly named “All Treats, No Tricks” event from their annual trick-or-treating event into a full-fledged festival with experiences for both adults and kids.
“Fall Fest has grown significantly throughout the years,” says Katherine Lowe, owner of Shimmer – Clean and Ethical Beauty on Union Street and dNB Inc Board Member. “It’s a great opportunity for us to give back to our community through providing a safe space for trick-or-treating, but this year we also wanted to expand the programming to highlight what our small businesses have to offer. There are so many different types of businesses downtown and we’ve all been through a lot the last few years. Fall Fest will be a really fun day for us all to come together and enjoy what downtown has to offer.”
The festival will feature a mix of activities for attendees of all ages, including:
- Classic Car Show Trunk-or-Treating (12pm – 3pm)
- Halloween Costume Parade (Leaving City Hall at 3PM and heading to the New Bedford Whaling Museum at 3:30) concluding with a NBPAC Dance Performance on the Whaling Museum Plaza
- Fall Beer and Cocktail Stations by No Problemo, dNB Craft Kitchen and the Pour Farm
- 3rd Eye Unlimited Dance Party with DJ Mikey Monteiro III (Wing’s Court) 12-3
- Soil and Sun Plant Truck, Sorbae Frozen Treats Truck, Izzy’s Food Truck, and Dorothy Cox Chocolate Truck
- Face Painting, Henna Bar and Salted Silver Permanent Jewelry Bar
- Scuttlebutt Apple Cider Doughnut Station
- Autumnal Selfie Station by Wicker & Flame
- Lawn Games at the YMCA
and so much more!
Fall Fest is not only a day of fun and entertainment but also an opportunity to support and celebrate local small businesses. dNB Inc. encourages attendees to shop and dine at the numerous small businesses that make our community unique. By patronizing these local establishments, you contribute to the growth and vitality of our city.
“It’s a testament to the resilience and strength of our community that we can organize this event and come together to celebrate and support each other. We can’t wait to see everyone there!” said Lowe.
Mark your calendars for Saturday, October 21st, and join us for a day of festivities, laughter, and community spirit at Fall Fest. Admission is free, and all are welcome. For more information and updates, check out dNB’s FallFest Facebook Event or follow us on Instagram @dnbinc.
Photos from All Treats, No Tricks, 2022